OUR COMMITMENT TO PRIVACY
Your privacy is important to us. To better protect your privacy we provide this notice explaining our online information practices and the choices you can make about the way your information is collected and used. To make this notice easy to find, we make it available on our homepage and at every point where personally identifiable information may be requested.
THE INFORMATION WE COLLECT:
This notice applies to all personal information collected by or submitted to the SVCF via the Scholarship application.
THE WAY WE USE IMFORMATION:
We use your personal information that is obtained via our scholarship application only for the purpose of processing that application. We do not share this information with outside parties except to the extent necessary to evaluate and process that application (e.g., to verify other types of aid or to verify student status before payment of scholarship grants.)
We do not control how these third parties use such information, but we do ask them to disclose via their own Privacy Policies how they use personal information provided to them.
Exceptions to the policy outlined above include sharing contact Information (email addresses or mailing addresses) with the Society of Vacuum Coaters (SVC) so that Scholarship awardees may receive information about the SVC Technical Conference. Scholarship awardees may also be contacted directly by SVCF or SVC personnel regarding possible attendance and presentations at these technical conferences. We also post a list of scholarship winners and the institutions they attend on line as a way of advertising our program.
We may additionally solicit pictures and comments from awardees about the impact of scholarship grants. This information may also be used in Society of Vacuum Coaters venues (SVC Bulletin articles, the SVC Plenary Session, Meeting publications, posters, SVCF fundraisers such as the 5K Run/Walk and Golf Tournament, SVCF Exhibit Booth, etc.), and similarly used at affiliated organizations which support the SVCF such as AIMCAL. This information may also be shared in direct communications with donors who enabled the scholarships.
We use return e-mail addresses to answer the e-mail we receive. Such addresses are not shared with outside parties.
Finally, we never use or share personally identifiable information provided to us in ways unrelated to the ones described above without also providing you with an opportunity to opt-out or otherwise prohibit such unrelated uses.
DISCLOSURES OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
In general, it is not SVCF’s practice to disclose personal information to third parties. We may share personal information with third parties such as the government or other entities when required to by law or as required by court order.
OUR COMMITMENT TO DATA SECURITY
SVCF has implemented reasonable measures to protect against unauthorized access to and unlawful interception or processing of personal information that SVCF stores and controls. However, no website can fully eliminate security risks. Third parties may circumvent our security measures to unlawfully intercept or access transmissions or private communications.
OUR COMMITMENT TO CHILDREN’S PRIVACY:
Protecting the privacy of the very young is especially important. For that reason, we never collect or maintain information at our website from those we actually know are under 13 without their parent’s permission, and no part of our website is structured to attract anyone under 13.
HOW YOU CAN CORRECT YOUR INFORMATION
You can correct factual errors in your personally identifiable information by sending us a request that credibly shows error to email@example.com To protect your privacy and security, we will also take reasonable steps to verify your identity before granting access or making corrections.
HOW TO CONTACT US
Should you have other questions or concerns about these privacy policies, please send us an e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org.
September 25, 2010
- The Video, and all portions of the video, is property of Don McClure from Acuity Training and Consulting and is being distributed by the SVC Foundation, Inc. (SVCF) with the express authorization of Don McClure.
- By downloading the Video users agree to be bound by the Terms and Conditions of Use herein described.
- Users agree not to duplicate the video and/or to sell it in any form or manner as a whole or in segments.
- The Video is intended exclusively for personal use. Users agree not to share or sell the Video with others and/or to make it available on the internet or other media.
- Users agree not to modify the content of the video or its slides without previous written permission from SVCF. Users further agree not remove any name or contact information from the video or to add any other names to the video as authors, producers, and/or contributors.
- Businesses are allowed to use the Video for educational and training purposes, for their exclusive use, and may provide links to specific segments of the video on their website or other documentation.